Mark your calendars! The 2012 St. Patrick’s Day “season” is here. Check out these listings to find out where your you can hear your favorite Irish bands in Sacramento and the Central Valley from March 10-18th.
Stout Rebellion puts on a highly interactive show featuring Irish pub songs and familiar drinking songs. They create a festive atmosphere with beads, clappers, song lyrics, and prizes. Ranked #1 Sacramento Celtic Band by ReverbNation. www.StoutRebellion.com
- Thursday 3/15: Live show on KDVS Radio (Davis) 11 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- Friday 3/16: Brownie’s Lounge (Sacramento) 7-10 p.m.
- Saturday 3/17: Boxing Donkey (Roseville) 12-3 p.m.
- Saturday 3/17: Thunder Valley Casino Beer & Music Fest (Lincoln) 7-10 p.m.
Whiskey and Stitches
High musicianship and stage appeal makes this band a good choice for audiences who want hard-driving Irish folks songs with an edge. Won “Best Punk Band” Sammy Award in 2011. Whiskey and Stitches on Facebook
- Saturday 3/17: Fox & Goose (Sacramento) 9 p.m. – with Griffin
- Sunday 3/18: Old Sugar Mill (Clarksburg) 12-4 p.m.
This new six piece band is crazy fun! Their Irish repertoire is sprinkled with surprises from the likes of the Tom Waits and The Decemberists along with some rowdy originals. When lead singer Ben Mentze breaks out the megaphone, watch out! https://www.facebook.com/thepikeysrock
- Saturday 3/17: The Clubhouse Bar & Grill (Carmichael) 5-8 p.m.
- Saturday 3/17: Mutiny MFB (Antioch) 10:30 p.m.
Sacramento’s most established Celtic band! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday 3/17: Fox & Goose (Sacramento) with Whiskey and Stitches
- Sunday 3/18: DeVere’s Irish Pub (Sacramento) 4 p.m.
Hooligan’s Wake grew out of the Irish session scene. Some of the very best players of traditional Irish music were gathered to perform in a professional setting.
- Saturday 3/17: Kinnee O’Reilly’s (El Dorado Hills) 8 p.m.
(with Merrygold at 3 p.m.)
4 piece traditional Irish band.
- Friday 3/16: Kinnee O’Reilly’s (El Dorado Hills) 6:30 p.m.
Traditional Irish band.
- Friday 3/16: The Club at Natomas Park 6:00 p.m.
If your band or venue isn’t listed here, please contact email@example.com so we can add you!